Responsible for design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs for delivery on one or more projects. Their primary role is to optimize the value of a solution to an organization through delivery and reduce owner risk in its delivery while ensuring the solution meets all compliance and regulatory which impact the system. The solution architect will work with specialists, technical staff and stakeholders of the solution to ensure it is delivered or canceled based on the most effective strategy for the organization as a whole.
2. Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Creating architecture-compliant solution strategies for demands (e.g. feasibility study) that conform both to customer requirements and solution development standards • Support in development analyzing and designing of technical, application and technology architectures in alignment with the IT architecture principles (i.e. IT landscape) for delivery on one or more projects • Ensure the consistency and quality of the entire system from the perspective of solution architecture • Considering the requirements in terms of performance, monitorability, auditability, security environment, etc. • Support in review of cost and design, optimized solution designs based on understanding of costs and returns • Ensure that expected application quality attribute levels are achieved
• Strong leadership skills, intercultural competence, global mindset. • Strong communication skills, solution orientation. • Strong analysis and presentation skills • Technical software development and requirements management knowledge will be helpful. • Knowledge in Cloud computing is a benefit • Fluency in written and spoken English • Willingness to learn and flexibility. • Willingness to travel sometimes
4. Qualifications & Practical Knowledge:
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, IT or related degree • Experience in Supply Chain or 3rd party Logistics company preferred • Development and System Architect background will definitely be an advantage • Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment • Willingness to work hard and be prepared to work on details
5. Our Offer:
Join DB Schenker’s Technology Solution Center, our open, international Solution Delivery Team is looking forward to start collaborating with you. Interesting, innovative IT solution projects with diverse team members and supportive leadership in Essen (Germany), Nanjing, New Delhi (India), Toronto (Canada), and Warsaw (Poland) are waiting for you. Let’s drive the Logistic digitalization together!
DB Schenker Logistics is a global leading logistics company with the history of more than 135 years. With headquarter located in Germany, it supports industry and trade in the global exchange of goods: in land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Roughly 65,000 employees at some 2,000 locations around the globe generated revenues totaling around 14.943 billion euros every year.